This blog is about our Mega Project idea about Career for Counseling.
“Choose a job which you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life”-Confucius.
Selection of the right career is one of the most important and life changing decisions in a student’s life. If it is not taken serious enough, it may result in a lifetime regret, irritation and restlessness. Moreover, the students who don’t get desired admissions tend to waste many years before going to a new career.
In response to this problem, we want to create a non-profit program for counseling of Intermediate and Matric students so that they can make well informed decisions while choosing the field of their higher studies, by putting diversity of fields in front of them and helping them decide accordingly to their interest. In this way developing and expanding student’s enthusiasm for who they really are and what they are truly capable of being.
We named this project as “Pioneer: The right path for everyone”.
We tried to create an impact nation wide by advertising through our personal network and social network platforms. Our group members belonged to different provinces so it also provided an edge to maximize our reach to other provinces as well.
We wanted to make this a professional work and for this purpose we had decided to take ask our two University teachers to work and collaborate with us in our project.
1: Dr Muhammad Nouman (HEC Scholar) Associate Professor IMSciences.
2: Engr. Muhammad Saqib Lecturer NFC IEFR Faisalabad.
- The application and enrollment of students through Google forms.
- Students were to be divided into multiple groups/batches according to their educational background.
- Afterwards we were to schedule Zoom online sessions for batches of students.
- After completion of the program every student would be required to fill an evaluation form to give feedback about the quality of awareness provided and how helpful it was to the students. Giving us insight on how effective our program was.
Challenges we faced
- First challenge we faced was that the Intermediate students had already gotten enrolled in the Universities. So, nobody from Intermediate class was willing to attend the sessions.
- Secondly, Our two active members dropped due to their personal reasons. So, it also created a gap in execution of our plan.
So, after all the setbacks we decided to pursue a new Mega Project idea and for that we have decided to create an awareness campaign about the rights in the constitution of Pakistan.
There is a lack of awareness of existing laws, which gives a citizen certain protections. By this campaign, we will help people to be well informed about their rights. So, it will help everyone to avail fundamental rights rather than making compromises with the situation.
We have two of our members from Law background so it will be an edge to carry out this idea. We hope to find professional volunteers soon and we will strive to create a big impact InShaAllah.